I was that teeny tiny little kid in the cute little bikini who could eat whatever I wanted...about 12 years ago. I'm 22 now and when I see that cute little girl in the polka dot bikini, I envy her to no end.
My issues with weight and my body started the summer before I entered eight grade. You know the time...when everything changes and suddenly instead of shopping for those sneakers with the lights in the heels, you're fitting into the juniors section of clothes and your stuck buying bras with your mom. At that point, I wasn't particularly chubby. I just had a little baby fat...that never went away.
Throughout high school, I had a period where I was actually a little chubby. And somehow the Christmas of my sophomore year, I managed to lose the weight and I was pretty healthy looking, and happy with myself. I like to think I was pretty cute at that point...oooh what happened?
So now here I am. A recent college graduate, engaged to the most wonderful man who happens to be a Soldier, just got hired for a new job...and that baby fat that never went away? It's still here. And that freshman 15? Yeah, I gained the freshman 10...4 years in a row.
It's not a particularly nice feeling to look in the mirror and be disgusted with what you see. In fact, it flat out sucks. The worst of it though, is when you take a look at pictures of yourself from your recent family vacation, and they make you cry. No one wants to hate their body. No one likes to feel this way. But in a way, those pictures that make you cry, can inspire you too.
So here I am today, the day after my vacation picture meltdown. And what have I decided to do? Blog, of all things. I've decided that I am going to share my weightloss journey with anyone who wants to read about it. I'm making a change in my life, and I think the best way to do it is to share it...and hopefully inspire others to join me.
Stick around if you want. Who knows what will happen? (well, truthfully, a lot of weightloss will be happening...but life is full of other suprises too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment