Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm doing it!

So I don't want to get completely ahead of myself, but....I'M DOING IT!! I'M DOING IT!! I'M DOING IT!!!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost 3 1/2 lbs. this week!! I know that some of that is probably water weight, but I really don't care. I'm working hard and I'm already starting to feel healthier and have more energy, and I think that I'm starting to shape up!

I've been really good this week about walking almost every day, and my water intake has increased tenfold. It's almost all I'm drinking anymore...other than skim milk! I cheated a bit this week and gave in to diet soda, but I got myself back on track and have started adding Crystal Light to my water any time I need a little extra flavor. I'm a big fan of the Natural Lightly Lemon flavor from the Hydration line. It's super yummy. And honestly, from drinking so much more water than usual, I'm also noticing a big difference in my skin. Seriously! I feel like my system is being flushed out and with that, I feel like my complexion is looking better and I'm not breaking out as much. Nice.

The next big thing I need to work on is taking a multivitamin every day. I recently bought a women's one day multi, but I hardly ever remember to take it! So that's definitely something I'm going to try to get on.

I don't want to get too much on a high horse here though, because that's where my downfall would normally kick in. In the past, I have had this nasty habit of giving up or slacking "slightly" when I started to feel like I was doing good and making progress. That can not be the case now. I am feeling healthier and like I'm making progress...but that's just it. Progress. I can't allow myself to slack or give up because I have made this comittment to do this. Progress isn't where I want to be, it's what's going to get me there. And I'm making progress on getting there and staying there.

Think wedding dress...

No comments:

Post a Comment