Today was really the first day on my journey to slim down, tone up and generally get healthy. I wouldn't say that I've necessarily gone full on "gung-ho" with it, but I really think that I did well today.
Here's what I ate:
Breakfast: 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with a teaspoon of soy-nut butter (seriously, it tastes JUST like peanut butter!)
Lunch: Elios pizza...I realize this might not have been the absolute wisest choice, but it's not that terrible for you, and there is no lunch meat in the house...once the mamma goes shopping this week, I'm going to have her pick up some turkey for me so I can start having turkey on whole wheat with a little Miracle Whip for lunch. However, I was seriously proud of myself at this meal...while my mom and younger brother also munched on chips with their lunch, I filled up on water and didn't sit around at the table, staring at the food I could have been eating. It's a small but helpful step, I think!!
Snack: I started to get a little hungry kinda late in the day, and I didn't want to fill up before dinner, so I had a glass of lowfat milk with a teaspoon of lite chocolate syrup. I thought this was pretty creative! The milk coated my stomach and filled me up for a while, and the little bit of chocolate totally satisfied my sweet tooth!
Dinner: Tacos...yummmm. I used minimal amount of taco meat, a tiny bit of cheese and lots of homemade salsa, which I figured was pretty healthy!
Throughout the day, other than the glass of milk, I drank nothing but water...no soda, nothing carbonated.
All in all, I think today was a small step to success in what is going to be a big challenge. I really think that if I keep this up, I can do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment