Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Walk It Out

So this whole walking thing is really working good for me! I have walked every day since I started this journey...normally I walk in the morning and my route takes me about an hour. Today, I had things to do this AM, so I am going to walk tonight after physical therapy.

I think the thing that keeps me wanting to walk is the fact that I have been really good about keeping a fresh playlist on my iPod for the sole purpose of walking to it. Hearing music that I'm currently into, and music that pumps me up and is up-beat really makes me want to walk...I just want to listen to it!!

So here is my current playlist:

  • Hey Jealousy...Gin Blossoms
  • Allison Road... Gin Blossoms
  • Body Language...Heidi Montag ( I know...corny!!...but it has a good beat...)
  • Whatcha Say...Jason DeRulo
  • Down...Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne
  • Wanted...Jesse James
  • Party in the U.S.A....Miley Cyrus
  • Happy...Natasha Beddingfield
  • Follow You Down...Gin Blossoms
  • War...Sean Kingston
  • She Wolf...Shakira
  • All I Want to Do...Sugarland
  • She's So High...Tal Bachman
  • Sweet Dreams...Beyonce
  • Overprotected (DarkChild Remix)...Britney Spears
  • Show Stopper...Danity Kane
  • Break the Ice...Britney Spears
  • What Is Love...Xenon
  • Jump...Flo Rida feat. Nelly Furtado
  • Crazy for This Girl...Evan & Jaron
  • Flavor of the Week...American Hi Fi
  • Manos al Aire...Nelly Furtado
  • Love Drunk...Boys Like Girls
  • Face Drop...Sean Kingston

It's a little bit of a long playlist, BUT, that way I can skip around if I don't feel like listening to something. All I do is hit shuffle on the iPod and I'm good to go.

I also love using Genius on my iPod Touch and iTunes. It creates playlists from the music in my library, based on one song that I choose. Sometimes I forget what good music I have in there! And the iTunes store makes some pretty killer suggestions if you need a little help.

So if you're needing a little extra motivation to get yourself moving, turn to your music. It might be the answer you're looking for!

1 comment:

  1. Omg I love almost half of your playlist. I'm so adding that Heidi song. I don't think I will buy her CD, but I do like that song.

    One that I jammed out to today was Thunderstruck by ACDC =) Listen to it, I guarantee it'll pump you up

    ReplyDelete